Relationships with a rating of 5 out of a possible 7 stars have an interesting reputation in some astrological circles. Some believe they are “soul mate” or “twin flame” relationships. This is because the geometry of the signs so connected means they are on the other side of the zodiac from each other with the earth and the planetary spheres in between. They symbolize potentially the two halves of the sky joining together to form a whole. One’s partner is literally “the other half of the sky.”
What they do have going for them is that they share the same polarity, meaning they are complementary opposites elementally:
- Fire (warm and dry) + Air (warm and moist) = Yang
- Earth (cool and dry) + Water (cool and moist) = Yin
Potentially, this is very harmonious, but the fact that the signs are on the other side of the zodiac can introduce a competitive tug-of-war spirit that can give these relationships a make-or-break quality. Participants in these relationships must learn to co-operate for their pairing to be successful.
These relationships have more than a fair share of drama, which may in part explain their reputation, but if participants can choose to pull together rather than apart, they can be very dynamic together. Examples include:
- ♈ Aries (Mar 21 – Apr 19) + ♎ Libra (Sep 23 – Oct 22) = Fire with Air
- ♉ Taurus (Apr 20 – May 20) + ♏ Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21) = Earth with Water
- ♊ Gemini (May 21 – Jun 20) + ♐ Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21) = Air with Fire
- ♋ Cancer (Jun 21 – Jul 22) + ♑ Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19) = Water with Earth
- ♌ Leo (Jul 23 – Aug 22) + ♒ Aquarius (Jan 20 – Feb 18)= Fire with Air
- ♍ Virgo (Aug 23 – Sep 22) + ♓ Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20)= Earth with Water
Note: these dates are approximate and vary somewhat year to year.
Return to Love.
Or the compatibility page you were viewing by selecting its sign panel below.