Relationships with a rating of 2 out of 7 stars are between signs that are essentially dissimilar because they are side-by-side and thus utterly different by polarity, mode, and element. This can make it difficult for their participants to understand each other.
However they do share a cusp: one sign is further in the zodiac than the other. This connection is interesting because from the perspective of understanding the zodiac as a complete process, the later sign is generally considered an antidote to the issues of the former, such as Taurus adding persistence and productivity to the creatively intuitive thrust of Aries, which by itself can peter out. But there is another side to this relationship: the objectives of the former sign are fundamental for pursuing the goals of the latter. For example, could Taurus have any motivation to do much of anything if Aries hadn’t have kicked things in motion?
For these relationships to work, there needs to be shared life-enhancing projects where the elemental differences between participants serve to fuel ongoing learning. Without shared goals, and a commitment to truly make honest attempts to understand the other’s very different perspective, the former sign can be afraid of what is perceived to be the risky behavior of the latter, who views the former as stuck and an impediment to progress. Success depends on the the alchemy of their four elemental union types:
- Fire (warm & dry) with Earth (cool & dry)
- Earth (cool & dry) with Air (warm & moist)
- Air (warm & moist) with Water (cool & moist)
- Water (cool & moist) with Fire (warm & dry)
These pairings require more processing time to run smoothly, but the reach of their shared perspectives is larger than most because of their participants differences.
- ♈ Aries (Mar 21 – Apr 19) + ♉ Taurus (Apr 20 – May 20) = Fire with Earth
- ♉ Taurus (Apr 20 – May 20) + ♊ Gemini (May 21 – Jun 20) = Earth with Air
- ♊ Gemini (May 21 – Jun 20) + ♋ Cancer (Jun 21 – Jul 22) = Air with Water
- ♋ Cancer (Jun 21 – Jul 22) + ♌ Leo (Jul 23 – Aug 22) = Water with Fire
- ♌ Leo (Jul 23 – Aug 22) + ♍ Virgo (Aug 23 – Sep 22) = Fire with Earth
- ♍ Virgo (Aug 23 – Sep 22) + ♎ Libra (Sep 23 – Oct 22) = Earth with Air
- ♎ Libra (Sep 23 – Oct 22) + ♏ Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21) = Air with Water
- ♏ Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21)+ ♐ Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21) = Water with Fire
- ♐ Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21) + ♑ Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19) = Fire with Earth
- ♑ Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19) + ♒ Aquarius (Jan 20 – Feb 18) = Earth with Air
- ♒ Aquarius (Jan 20 – Feb 18) + ♓ Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20) = Air with Water
- ♓ Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20) + ♈ Aries (Mar 21 – Apr 19) = Water with Fire
Note: these dates are approximate and vary somewhat year to year.
Return to Love.
Or the sign compatibility page you were viewing previously by selecting its sign panel below.